Scooter (Dachshund)

Scooter is a 4 year old Dachshund. A few years ago we were given Dachshunds outside of a pet store. The owner was being relocated to another state and could not take the Dachshunds.

Scooter was born to these dogs. They both have past away because of back problems that sometimes occur in Dachshunds. Scooter now is showing signs of having these same back problems.

He loves to play with our 2 cats. They chase each other all the time. He also loves to lay on the couch and watch T.V. We are afraid that Scooter may not survive these back problems much like his parents. We love to spoil him at every chance we get! We love him so much!

By Lisa

I would recommend that you make sure Scooter's food is top quality. They have some more natural brands at Petco and Petsmart now. Make sure there are not meat by-products in it and also make sure there aren't a bunch of grains as the first ingredients. Our vet rec. a combination of canned and dry, not just dry food. We had a terrier/spitz mix that lived to be 20 yrs. old. When he developed arthritis in his hips we took him to our natural vet who does acupuncture. That helped a lot with the discomfort. Also there were certain herbs that she rec. I hope these suggestions will work. I would stay away from the regular brands of dog food but read the ingredients list of whatever kind you buy. I hope Scooter lives many more years.

Reply Like this photo? Yes