Grocery ShoppingShopping

Buying Bulk Dried Beans

Where to I buy dried beans in bulk cheaper, than at the grocery store?

By Stephen

Anonymous

There are usually a few of markets that sell in bulk in most areas and also many health food stores do too. Just call around and ask each store if they have bulk food bins. In my area the best market to buy from is called Winco.

You can even get items such as dried critter feed, flour, nuts, candy, spices, etc, etc, etc. this way for a really good price per pound and you choose how much or little to purchase :-) If you have two or more stores that sell in bulk check them out first in person and do price comparisons because one of the other bulk stores in my area charges almost twice as much per item.

http://www.bulkfoods.com/beans.asp
I googled

- Pointers on how to buy & store bulk beans...

http://www.ehow  -beans-bulk.html

We have a Seventh Day Adventist food/book store in our town. Check your phone book and see if you do too. Our son is vegetarian and they sell TVP granules and chunks as well as grains such as quinoa, bulgar, wheat berries and wild rice. The prices are great too.

My Walmart has a bin with dried beans that you can buy by the pound. So does sprouts if you have one in your area.