Tips For Cleaning A Garbage Disposal

I use baking soda. Make sure the power is off. Pour into the garbage disposal, then take a scratchy sponge and put your hand in there. Clean the walls and under the rubber flaps.

In between doing this, I use denture tablet cleansers. Put one in the disposal, but don't turn it on. Let the water and the tablet do the work. If you do this quite often, it takes less than a minute to clean it by hand.

One other tip is to use baking soda and cheap white vinegar. While it foams, it deodorizes and cleans.

By hopeful from Salem, OR

I don't like to stick my hand in there so I use an old bottle brush to clean the inside of my garbage disposer.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 13, 2011
😎
🌻
😷
🐛
🎆
👔