Plant HealthGardening

Lilac Bush May Have Been Sprayed With Weed Killer

How can I tell if weed killer has been sprayed on my Lilac bush that is dying? The grass around it is also dying.

By FLed from Nashville, TN

How old is your lilac bush, and how long has it been in its present location? There are other things like salt (for instance) which can cause the same type symptoms of the bush and surrounding grass. Make sure that if you used salt
for ice this past winter that it didn't end up concentrated on or around the lilac bush.

You could have voles or moles too. Check to see if you have any "trails" leading to the bush. Those little critters eat all the roots of almost anything, I think, or maybe they just dislodge the roots. I hope this helps. Lee