Fabric Lunch Bags

0
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

Several years ago before I retired, I made some interesting lunch bags for my supervisor and some other fellow workers.

I took a brown lunch bag and cut it into pattern pieces, down the back and around the bottom. I cut my fabric pieces a slight bit larger to allow for seam allowance. I went to Hancock's remnant table and found some brown calico, deep chocolate brown with tiny orange flowers. I found some beige quilted fabric for a lining. I sewed strips for two handles and some Velcro at the top for closure. All this was topstitched in orange. There might be 6 of these on the earth now. I never did finish mine. Calico brown lunch bags; they were a big hit.

By Marty from Houston, TX

what a great thing to make that is great for the environment.

Zig

By Guest in Trinidad,W.I. (Guest Post)

I have been using fabric lunch bags for years. Sew them like an envelope, use a button for the closure. Make them any size, even for containers and avoid spills. Get creative and add a tiny pocket for a napkin or sew a diagonal pocket across, to slip in the fork !

Crafts SewingDecember 10, 2007
👔
🌻
😎
🎆
🐛
Generated 2021-05-24 14:11:48 in 983 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55116362.tip.html