Making Fabric Lunch Bags

Category How To
A washable lunch sack can be helpful and easy to make. This guide is about making fabric lunch bags.

Several years ago before I retired, I made some interesting lunch bags for my supervisor and some other fellow workers.

I took a brown lunch bag and cut it into pattern pieces, down the back and around the bottom. I cut my fabric pieces a slight bit larger to allow for seam allowance. I went to Hancock's remnant table and found some brown calico, deep chocolate brown with tiny orange flowers. I found some beige quilted fabric for a lining. I sewed strips for two handles and some Velcro at the top for closure. All this was topstitched in orange. There might be 6 of these on the earth now. I never did finish mine. Calico brown lunch bags; they were a big hit.

By Marty from Houston, TX

what a great thing to make that is great for the environment.

Zig

By Guest in Trinidad,W.I. (Guest Post)

I have been using fabric lunch bags for years. Sew them like an envelope, use a button for the closure.

Make them any size, even for containers and avoid spills. Get creative and add a tiny pocket for a napkin or sew a diagonal pocket across, to slip in the fork !