Uses for Paper Towel Holders

Ribbon stored on a paper towel holder
Paper towel holders can be used for other organizational and storage purposes. This is a guide about uses for paper towel holders.

Use a paper towel holder to store your ribbon or bracelets. They are cheap and can be bought at the dollar store.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

When we moved into a house there was a paper towel holder installed in the kitchen and I no longer needed my countertop paper towel holder. I discovered that it was very handy in the bathroom to hold extra rolls of toilet tissue.

By vinnyswoman

First of all, I would like to thank all of the Thrifty Fun readers who have taken the time to leave such wonderful feedback on my craft projects. It's a great feeling when people like what you do.

Here is my craft tip: Save or collect (from yard sales) old paper towel holders, either the counter stand kind or the hang-on-the-wall kind, and use them to store your ribbons for both crafting and wrapping. Not all ribbon spools will fit, but a lot will, and it's a great way to keep track of the ribbon you have.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Install a simple paper towel holder like you have in the kitchen in each bathroom. Mine are installed on the side of the vanity on what would otherwise be dead space. Keep a roll of paper towels on it, and hang a spray bottle of multi-purpose cleaner from the side for quick instant cleanups. Forgo the spray cleaner if you have small children who might grab for it, however.

By Linda from Vista, CA

Instead of rollers attached to the wall for paper towels, Saran, etc., use paper towel holders on the counter top, under the sink, or in cupboards and closets.