Five Hour Beef Stew
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean stew meat
- 12 small onions
- 6 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup celery, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 turnip or rutabaga, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cans tomato sauce with cheese (8 oz. size)
- 1 cup water
- 1 slice bread, cubed
Brown meat and put all the ingredients in a large baking pan or dish with a tight lid. Bake at 250 degrees F for 5-6 hours. Do not lift lid while cooking.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.