SchoolParties

Prom Theme For School That Is Closing

Category School

Our high school is deactivating and we want to decorate our post prom with a nostalgic theme. Do you have any suggestions?

Siisy

How about " Those were the days", like the old song.

How nostalgic do you want to be? How long has your school existed? My idea is to get old yearbooks from past decades. Look at the styles and do some research. The 50s, 60s, 70s, are fun decades to work with. Go to thrift shops or ask Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa if they still have anything, photos, clothing, records, etc.. Scan and enlarge (very big) photos from the yearbooks or family photos and use as posters to decorate the walls. Hang old records and even old clothing on the walls. Don't forget a disco ball or two! Play music from the decades (if you can stand it!) When I scan and enlarge photos I scan and print them as large as my black and white home laser printer will go, then take them to a blueprint output business. For a nominal fee, around $8.00, they can blow them up to around 3 x 5 feet. They are black and white and have a grainy dot pattern to them (sort of like old comics, but still photograhic). They look very nostalgic and are a hit at birthday parties, etc.

Are you looking for this to be a sad occasion or an upbeat one? I'm actually not asking this in a smart-ass manner. My concern is that this is your Prom and supposed to be one of the best nights of your life that you look back on and remember fondly years later. If you focus this special event on the very unfotunate one that will follow of the closing of your school, it's likely you'll all be depressed. Just something to thinking about before you make any definite plans. Wanting to honor your school is wonderful. But perhaps you should set aside a special ceremony just for that. GOod luck and I'm truly sorry about your school. Best of luck in the future.