MiscellaneousOrganizing

Homemade Clip-On Earring Holder

I have to use clip ons because my ears were infected. I can't find anything anywhere about a clip on earring holder, so I have decided to make one myself! Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

By Sarah Kate

You should be able to locate clip on style earrings at flea markets and garage sales and thrift stores.

I have covered a sturdy piece of cardboard with velveteen, I used black. I then used a stiff ribbon from the fabric store and stitched the ends on the back edge of the covered cardboard, pulling taunt. It depends on how many earrings you have as to how large you want to make the holder. If your earrings are heavy you may want to make an anchor stitch halfway across so the ribbon won't sag. I also sewed ribbon onto the top back so that I could hang it on the wall.

Hope this helps

Might not be pretty, but sure would work well in a closet!: Buy a couple of those multiple pant hangers (five rods for five pairs of slacks) available in in every big box discount store and clip on your earrings as you purchase them. The rods on these hangers are not too thick and I'm guessing you could attach at least 10 to 15 pairs of clip-on earrings per each row of a single hanger with five rods! Just something to consider! Let us know what works for you, okay?

You can also use the rims of most glasses and they would be easy to see. Good luck!

A man's tie might work; you could clip the earrings to the sides. I used a crocheted tank top for my pierced earrings (and hung necklaces at the top), and it might work for clips, also, as would a pretty fabric belt.

I found this tip on here. If you have trouble with infected ears use neosporin twice a day on the studs for 1 week then once a day clean the studs with alcohol. works like a charm.Some even told me they couldn't wear costume jewelry until they tried this.
Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I went to Wal-Mart and bought a spice rack actually that is barred and I hang them on there! I am going to tie ribbons around it to decorate it!