Mamaw's Keepsake Comforter

This is my first and hopefully not last attempt at making a keepsake comforter for a new granddaughter. It was made with 8" squares of pale pink, purple, and yellow cotton with an off white backing and edge. The dimensions were 32 1/2" width and 45" length.

The pink satin ruffle was purchased at Walmart and the butterflies were from a lace overlay hand sewn on. The ribbon was woven through flat lace and I added yoyos made of the different colors. I hand quilted around each square. It's nothing really fancy but something that in years to come maybe she can drag around a comforter that mamaw made.

By Sharon, KY

By Lee-Ann (Guest Post)

I always like your tips. You sound like my kind of woman. I love that quilt. Please tell me, what are YOYO's?

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

Yoyos are the little round things in the center of the butterfly in the quilt. They are easy to make and add a decorative touch to projects. To make: cut a round circle.For big ones use a small Crisco lid or smaller lid so they are completely round.With a needle and thread sew inside the edge,about 1/4" .Next gather it by pulling the thread and it will bunch up.Work with it and shape it evenly,and then sew a button in the middle where it joins together.It's really simple.

By Donna (Guest Post)

Your quilt is beautiful-what a lucky family you have!

By NMCL (Guest Post)

Wow! That quilt is absolutely beautiful, I don't have that kind of talent, and even less patience to attempt it....

but i know when i see something I like and your quilt is such a beautiful gift for your granddaughter.

What a beautiful quilt...the butterflies are lovely (there my favorites~~hubby keeps saying I have too many butterfly things around) Your granddaughter will cherish it as she grows.. :)

By Jeannie. (Guest Post)

What a beautiful gift for your granddaughter. She will treasure it esspecially when she's old enough to realize the love that it is made of!