Remove And Destroy Hard Drives

contest winner icon

ALWAYS remove your hard drive when getting rid of your PC. Even if you erase the hard drive, it will have data on it that still can be retrieved by a savvy computer tech. I had one done by a "professional". I wasted my money in the end because he did what I would have done, which is not the proper way. You DO NOT want your information in the wrong hands. Even if you give it to a family member, you do not know where it will go from there.

Remove the hard drive and destroy it before selling or giving your old computer away. Best advice I can give you to protect your identity.

By susan from Indiana

Rather than destroying your old hard drive, save it! External hard drives are expensive. You can get a case for a hard drive for around $20, and with about 5 minutes of work, you have a "new" external hard drive good for backing up files!