LaundryCleaning

Stains From Public Washing Machine

Category Laundry

I did a load of laundry last night (in the public machine in my buiding), and my clothes came out with a lot of nasty black stains. These stains smelled exactly like fuel oil. I rubbed in tide and washed them again (this time in a public machine), it didn't phase them.

Long story short I took them to the dry cleaner, and they just returned them without any improvement. Does any one have a suggestions, or are they a write off after a wash and drycleaning cycle?

Wilson

Try a hand cleaner called "Goop", my mom used this for years on my brothers clothes and he was a car mechanic. Place on dry clothes and use a toothbrush, if its moter oil/ grease, it should come out. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Same suggestion as the "goop" -- another brand name is GoJo. It's sold on the automotive aisle at the store -- it's intended for mechanics to use on their hands. Apply directly to the stains and work it in real good, let it sit for a few hours, then wash. Good luck!

I was going to suggest 2 items to use on this, one was "Goop" hand cleaner and the other was Lest-Oil liquid cleaner. I see everyone had the same idea on the Goop. Also, I've used a dollar store pine cleaner on my husband's work clothes, it worked better than the brand named product called Pine-Sol, surprisingly!