Linseed Oil to Remove Road Tar

Road tar and asphalt which splatters up and sticks to an automobile is almost impossible to remove. That is, unless you first saturate the spots with linseed oil. Allow the oil to soften the tar for a few minutes and you'll find that the grime rubs right off with a piece of coarse cloth.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

My son, now 53, walked barefoot across a freshly paved parking lot about 40 years ago. He took a shower and left the tar gunk in our only tub. I cleaned it as best I could before taking my nightly Avon Skin so Soft bath. When I emptied the tub every last bit of tar went down the drain. Needless to say, I didn't put any more of that stuff on my skin. I figure if it cleans away tar it's too rough for me.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideNovember 8, 2010
🎄
🎉