Cleaning OutsideCars

Removing Spray Paint from Car's Finish

I spray painted my guitar in my garage and got some paint on the car. How can I safely remove it?

Steve

You could try compounding with a electric buffer and some compound that you can buy at any automotive store. 3M is one brand. There are many other brands. Many times the paint will not buff off and you have to live with it or have the car repainted. When I was in the auto business I would see a lot of cars that got sprayed when passing a highway crew spraying white or yellow lines on the road. With that type off road paint the car usually had to be repainted.

Just use regular cooking oil on a cloth. This happened to my car on Halloween and it took it off. It will not take your original paint off. Manufacture gave me this tip.

roadrouser

Spray paint just got on my car that is less than 6 months old. I was so upset. I took my car to the body shop of the dealer where I bought it and they fixed it right there for me. They used lacquer thinner and the paint came right off. Hope this works for you.