GardenPhotos

Riesentruabe Tomato

This is a Riesentruabe tomato. The tomatoes start out separate but grow together as they ripen. The tomatoes can be pulled apart like cloves of garlic for use.

By Anna from Zanesville, IN

Riesentruabe Tomato

Where do you get the seeds?

Wow, Anna!!! I've never seen this type of tomato before. They're so unique!!! Are they delicious??? I love home grown tomatoes. Thanx for sharing this photo and teaching an "old" dog a new bit of info (somehow I didn't think of it as a trick....lol).

I have never seen such a thing. Where did you get them?

Wow Anna ! Thanks for sharing. I've never seen or heard of such a thing. Bet they taste wonderful.

When I enter 'Riesentruabe Tomato' in the Google search engine, I get the following question: "Did you mean 'Riesentraube tomato'?" And when I look at images of that tomato, it does not resemble yours. Where did you get the plant or the seeds. If you can't remember, would you consider selling seeds?

I googled "Riesentraube conjoined tomatoes" and got lots of hits. Rareseeds.com has a very charming 84-page catalog you can download, and these tomatoes are listed under "Red Tomatoes." Riesentraube means giant cluster of grapes, it says. There are several heirloom seed websites listed there. Worth visiting even if you aren't an active gardener. I also found that our thriftyfun website has more photos of conjoined veggies.

They are beautiful and thanks for sharing them. I am going to be on the lookout for seeds and think they will be a great addition to my garden tomatoes.