KitchenHome Improvement

Refinishing Formica with Spreadstone

I am thinking of refinishing my Formica counter top with Spreadstone product. Do I need to remove the sink or can I go up to the lip, or even over the lip to make it look like an under mound? If anyone has already used this product please let me know how it is holding up.

Carla from Raleigh, NC

Contact your local home improvement store -- they are very helpful with questions like this! =D

By collette (Guest Post)

My daughter had pipes burst in her kitchen so we have completely remodeled it. We installed new hickory cabinets. I suggested to try spread stone for the counter tops in order to save money. We put the spread stone right over the wood. I debated using the spread rock or the spread stone I called a rep. who was very helpful he suggested that we use the spread stone 1 color in order to make it very easy. It was easy but I think the contrast of having more than 1 color like spread rock would have been better. My daughter is very happy with her countertops. We will be putting on another coat of the sealer for durability.

By Desiree (Guest Post)

That is an awesome idea! It's about time somebody came out with that!