Main DishesRecipes

Healthy Corned Beef Hash

Most Corned Beef Hash recipes are loaded with fat and very little nutritional value. This is not only tasty when you make it, but even better the next day - that is if there is any left!

• 1 lb. lean deli corned beef, diced -ask the person behind the counter to slice it into two 1/2 pound chunks, not slices
  • 3 or 4 red potatoes, diced - I leave the skin on for flavor and vitamins
  • 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced - depending on how many you are feeding, you may need two or three
  • 1 sweet onion, diced - during Spring, I love the Vidialla sweet, otherwise I like to use a red or white onion
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • green onion

Directions:

Place about 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a large frying pan that has a lid. Place over medium heat

Add the potatoes and squash into the frying pan. Stir the squash and potatoes to cover with oil. Season with salt and pepper (be careful with the salt, as the corned beef can be salty). Add onion

Cover pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and squash are at desired consistency. Add corned beef and gently heat. Taste for possible re-season

Serve with eggs. I also like to place some cheese over the hash before I place the eggs on top. Sprinkle with green onion.

Servings: 4 - 6
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

By oneweirdangel from Indianapolis, IN