How to Keep Turkey from Drying Out When Reheating

Category Storage
Roasted turkey can easily dry out if not stored properly. This is a guide about keeping turkey leftovers from drying out.

I am making a large New Year's dinner and am making as much as I can ahead of time. I cooked the turkey today and put the breast meat unsliced in the freezer. What I would like to know is the best way to reheat it on New Year's day without it being dried out.

Answers

Best Answer

I add a little water to my leftover turkey and seal it well before warming up. Or you might try heating it up in canned chicken broth or adding a bouillon cube to the water, but I didn't need either and the turkey flavor was still tasty.

By sheri (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My dad always reheats his turkey in chicken broth in the oven, seal the pan. It comes out great. And he got this from chefs that worked in nationally renown restaurants, where he also worked. So it is sound advice.

By siris (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I've heard that the chef's trick is to wrap it in lettuce leaves to reheat.

By Sandi P (Guest Post)

Gravy