RepairingClothing

Making Fleece Gloves Non-slip

Is there a way to make fleece gloves nonslip? I received a pair as a gift, and I really like them, but they are so slippery on the steering wheel and handrails. Is there something I can sew onto the fingertips and palm? Or something I can apply to them? Thanks, everyone!

Patty from PA

I used to make non-slip socks for my elderly mother and also for my grandchildren. I used the "puffy" craft paints that come in a small squeeze bottle and are used to "paint" designs on tee shirts. I used a matching color and put dots or lines or squiggles where grip was needed. Allow it to dry very well before wearing. After some time you may need to touch up or redo some areas but it worked for us. I assume the puffy paint is still available. I found it in the craft department of stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Wal Mart.

I spread Speed-Sew on the bottom of mats, etc. to make them non-skid. Should work for that too.

Pop on a steering wheel cover! Mine is nice and bumpy, ostrich pattern, and my gloves grip it nicely.

I buy the drawer liners, available at the dollar stores. It is the waffle weave type. I then cut out in the shape of whatever I need to make non slip. I glue it onto gloves socks and even a few of my place mats. I buy fabric glue for this purpose.

There is a product caloed "Liquid Applique" that you can find online or in the fabric paint area of many stores. It's abit like puff paint: you squeeze it on and allow to dry and then you can raise the design with an iron or heat gun. I hope that helps!