BathroomCleaning

Removing Make Up Stains and Scuffs

Category Bathroom

This isn't a tip as much as a praise for a former tip.

I was recently cleaning out my light wood cabinet drawers in the bathroom and noticed black and red spots all over the bottom of the drawer from scuff marks, eyeliners, lipsticks, etc. Who doesn't have them?

First I tried using Windex to clean it out to no avail. Then I tried using a homemade general purpose cleaner of ammonia/alcohol/detergent with no success. I finally tried Pine-Sol and that didn't work either.

The most I could get was smearing if I rubbed *really* hard on the smudges... Then I remembered a tip on Thrifty I had read that somebody had posted to remove makeup with Avon's Skin-So-Soft oil, which I happen to have.

I poured about a teaspoon into the wooden drawer and wiped with a cotton ball and wouldn't you know it, it all came off with no fuss. In fact, as soon as the oil passed over the spots and I touched it, it seemed to just "lift" off the spots. I couldn't believe it. There was no smearing and no rubbing. Not only did it remove the makeup spots, it removed all the dirt smudges as well. My wood cabinet hasn't looked that new since the house was built!

Thanks so much to whoever posted this wonderful tip!

By Pookie

By Earl (Guest Post)

how do you remove make up stains off your clothes? like t-shirts & jeans?