CookiesBaking & Desserts

Recipe for Golden Nugget Cookies

In the 1960's I found a recipe on the back of a McCormick spice can and it was for "Golden Nuggets" cookies. I've lost it due to several moves and would dearly love it if someone out there has the recipe, and would send me a copy. I'm 71 years old now and made those cookies as young girl on a wood stove. They were like shortbread, but not quite.

By LouiseCook from Cibola, Az

I don't know if these are at all shortbread-y but here are a couple of recipes by that name:

lscowgirlblog.blogspot.com/.../holdiay-cookies.html

www.ifood.tv/.../golden_nuggets

This one was under "Christmas Nuggets":
www.scribd.com/.../Favorite-Christmas-Cookies-Recipes

You could call or write the McCormick people and see if they have it still somewhere in their archives:

mccormick.custhelp.com/.../std_alp.php?p_sid=FLpFyyyj

1-800-632-5847 toll free

or try asking on their forum:

www.mccormick.com/Forum.aspx

Apparently someone else on the internet was looking for the same recipe a few years ago as per this link but I checked the archives and I guess no one wrote in with the recipe unfortunately.

archives.starbulletin.com/.../request.html

Anonymous

My grandmother used to make cookies she called golden nuggets and she is about the same age. She never gave me he exact recipe, it was something she just knew by heart and made for us kids when we were very young. Recently I haven't been able to get them off my mind and I found through trial and error that they are a yellow cake cookie. I am still working to perfect the consistency, but you could always look up recipes starting from there that sound like what you used to make

Anonymous

GOLDEN NUGGET COOKIES
1 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
walnut or pecan halves
Cream together butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Sift together flour, salt, soda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture. Mix 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and walnut or pecan halves. Shape dough into small balls and roll in sugar mixture. Place on greased baking sheet. Press nut halves in each.
Bake in 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

Makes about 5 dozen.

Anonymous

If they had chocolate in them this might be the one because it has chopped nuts in them and maybe that's where 'nuggets' comes in? You know, gold nuggets found in a pirates treasure chest? ;-)

Golden Chocolate Treasure Cookies

1 1/2 cup Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
3/4 cup Brown sugar
3/4 cup Butter, softened

1 Egg
1/2 ts Vanilla
10 oz (1-1/2 c.) semi-sweet
Treasures baking pieces
1 c Chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
Beat brown sugar and butter until creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Stir in Treasures and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before removing from sheets. Makes about 18 cookies, 2-1/2 inches.

You can also call McCormick directly at their toll free question and answer phone number:
1-800-632-5847.

Hope the info helped and please let us know if you find the recipe you're looking for and please share with us if you do ;-) Hey, if you find it, submit it in the weekly TF Recipe Contest. If you win you would receive $25.00 ;-)