FurnitureCleaning

Bubble Bath Stain on a Sofa

Category Furniture

My daughter spilled an entire bottle of bubble bath on an upholstered sofa (a polyester blend fabric). Is there any way to clean the attached cushion on the back of couch? We are afraid to over wet the area due to the foam cushion. Is there solution to dilute the soap?

Beth from Naperville, IL

Try steam cleaning the area with a machine do not use any soap use straight water until the water being sucked out is foam free then as long as you have the machine you may want to do the whole sofa. The best place I have seen to rent one is at a U_Haul rental, its $22 for a 24 hour period and there is no deposit (at least where I live)

dont get sucked into buying thier solutions when I rent I mix oxyclean and some thing like Mr clean or other cleaning soap maybe fabulouso (From walmart) I have a wool carpet I cleaned this way and it came out great. even the acrylic carpet came out so nice

Good luck