CakesBaking

Graduation Cake Ideas

I need a unique idea for a college graduation cake. One idea I am considering is a graduation hat cake. My daughters graduation isn't till May of 08, but since I am planning on making and decorating the cake myself, I am planning to make some practice runs at it. Her degree is in higher math, so theres not a lot there that I can use for inspiration. Any ideas?

April from Missouri

How about a reproduction of a diploma? It would be a simple sheet cake with letter piping and some scrollwork, be sure to use the school colors!

Higher math? How about a calculator with "congrats" in the number display area in digital looking lettering?

have fun with it!

I would check the Wilton cake decorating books. Also, go to your library and see what kind of cake decorating books that they have. Thirdly, I would consult with a bakery and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck!

Use the logo of the college she plans to attend.

How about a cake in the school colors decorated with math symbols, everything from plus and minus signs to pi and square root signs. Look at a scientific calculator or in her math books for ideas. Most math symbols are made with lines and should br easy to copy.

April, when my son graduated I made a large sheet cake, then made 1/2 ball cake, took a piece of cardboard, cut out for the top of the graduation cap, put all together. Made the tassel from fondant that you can buy at Wal Mart. Made the hat in the school color. Put the hat on one end of the sheet cake and decorated and writing on the ohter end, was really a nice cake. You could put math symbols around the edge of the sheet cake, and even make a calculator out of fondant as a added feature. What ever you decide, good luck and wish your daughter the best of luck.

Gladys

Try here: http://www.russ … -cake-ideas.html