Protecting Leather Furniture from Cats

Category Cats
This is a guide about protecting leather furniture from cats. One of the best ways to protect your furniture is to put nail covers on your cat's claws. They are soft, plastic tips, that glue onto the nails and prevent them from scratching inappropriately. They are safe and easy to apply.

This is a guide to using nail caps on cats. Many cat owners prefer to not have their pets declawed, however, those pointy, sharp claws do need some type of attention. One option is using nail caps.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I am getting new 2 new leather sofas. How can I protect them from the cats claws?

Dean Oconnor from United Kingdom

Answers

By Cate (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have microsuede and suede furniture and a bossy cat I make certain that the things she thinks she's "getting away with" (plastic bags with the ends tied, crumply newspapers, rawhide strings, are available to her near her bed, near her scratching posts, and in strange places such as in the narrow area between the door and the wall in the bathroom, before I leave. I scent her scratcher with a bit of catnip. spritz the furniture with a citrus-scented spray(HATES THAT) toss some sheets of foil on it, and leave. I can see upon my return exactly where she has been, what she has done, and that my furniture is fine. Just think like a cat!

Best Answer

The soft tips for cats & dogs claws might be helpful. Cats hate scratching plastic so when I had my leather sofa (I have 5 cats), I covered the outside in thick plastic and put plastic pieces on the corners.

The pieces are for like the corners of walls and stuff. It is hard and they never touched the couch. I have heard that they do not like walking on foil, maybe place some (not balled up) around your sofa and they won't get near it.

Best Answer

I trim my cat's claws about once a week.