ThemesDecorating

Graffiti Inspired Decor On a Black Wall

Category Themes

Hey, I'm Franco, 17, from Arizona. I'm a graphic art designer, and I'm turning a room into my office. I want to have one of my walls to be black with bright colored abstract designs, or maybe graffiti on it. If done right, I know it's gonna go well with futuristic black and glass forniture.

I need your help in assuring me that this is a good idea, how it can be done right, and if there are other options to just paint. Thank you a lot, if I can get your response soon I highly appreciate it. I plan on taking action on this room as soon as I empty it out.

Thank you for your time and your help. Have a nice day!

Franco from Arizona.

Franco...it is not such a good idea to paint a wall black because it is VERY difficult to paint over it and not have the color show through/bleed through/what does your Mom say? If you are in a dorm, I can tell you that there was a double charge if your room was painted black when I was in college...of course we rode horses to and from home, no electricity, etc.

Franco, I think that is a neat idea. But why don't you try chalk board paint instead. That way you can use chalk to draw your graffiti on and then change it with your moods? You can also use this as a plus for your office, notes ect.
Hope this helps.

My friend did this sort of deal once. she used spray paint and traced her hands and what not. it was really great. Perhaps if you dont want to go black, try a dark color. the chalk board idea sounds cool as well my aunt did that downstairs in her day care worked GREAT! have fun id love to see your final result!
Natasha from Ontario