Hanging Blue Bird
Summer isn't over yet. Keep the kids busy with this cute blue bird project to hang in a window!
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- blue craft foam
- yellow craft foam or felt
- 2 wiggly eyes
- gold or silver metallic cord
- 25 pony beads in assorted colors
- craft glue
- hole punch or nail and hammer
- Draw body and wings onto blue craft foam and cut out.
- Draw and cut out beak from yellow craft foam.
- Use scissors to trim wings to create a scalloped edge or use decorative edged scissors.
- Punch holes along tail and in wings as shown in photo using hole punch or nail and hammer.
- To create opening for wings, cut along line that connects dots on the body (as show on pattern) and insert the wings.
- Cut five 5-inch lengths from cord and make a knot at one end of each piece.
- String 5 beads onto each piece of cord. Thread a beaded cord through each hole along bottom of tail, and knot each end in back. Trim as needed.
- Glue on wiggly eyes and beak.
- To make a hanger, thread a length of cord through holes at top of each wing and knot on back side.
- Allow glue to dry before hanging.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.