Socks the Sock Monkey

My sock monkey arrived as a birthday gift in August - that's 8 months ago. He likes to hang out on my bed, tumble onto the floor occasionally, and hide under the covers.

My sock monkey is a daily reminder to keep things simple and not take myself too seriously. There are a couple of other lessons I've learned from this "pet", too:

1. Stay flexible.
  2. Beanies aren't just for French folks.
  3. A little imagination turns the everyday into something special. Look what came from a sock!
  4. A smile opens lots of doors.
  5. When all else fails, go back to bed.

By CEBush from Phoenix, AZ

What a beautiful thought and so inspiring. I loved how you wrote about the monkey.

I think I will get one for the same reason! Love this, and you have a gift for writing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love your post. I also have a small collection of old and new sock monkeys. (I prefer the older ones, but love all of mine.) There's actually a 'Sock Monkey Museum' in Rockford, Ill. - the city where the socks are manufactured. They do take you back to the 'simpler' days. And they always have a smile for you! Thank you for posting this.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Better Living Simple LivingApril 17, 2012
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-18 10:43:41 in 978 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62565554.tip.html

Simple LivingBetter Living