Saving Small Recyclables for Recycle Day

I have this wonderful metal cart that I use for recycling. But, I also have plastic spoons and creamer cups that fall through the mesh. So I came up with this solution I wanted to share.

With some trusty duct tape, I secured a Ziploc bag to the inside of the sink cupboard. I then rinse and drop them in the bag and toss in a paper bag when it's full. I found it's a bit of a hassle to reach in and get them, so once this one is full, I am going to cut the bottom of the bag open, and reverse where the zipper is. Once it's on the bottom, it will be easier to just unzip it to empty.

I hope this helps.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Editor's Note: Many curbside recycling programs do not yet accept small plastic materials, such as plastic cutlery and creamer cups. Check with your local guidelines or find an alternate location for recycling.