AutoCleaning

Throw Up on a Car Seat

Category Auto

My daughter had a stomach flu and threw up all over her car seat. The padding was washable and smells fine but the actual straps that hold her in smell terrible. I tried washing it with fabric cleaner and then spraying it with Febreze but the throw up smell has just cut through the Febreze, especially in a hot car in Florida. Help please!

Lisa from Orlando, FL

Take it to a "do it yourself" car wash......not the automatic drive thru kind. Remove the complete infant car seat from the car and set it on the floor of the car wash. Use the high powered spray to clean the seat, detergent first of course then lots of rinsing with plain water. The strong force of the water cleans really well. I've used this to "power wash" many items that were small enough for me to haul to the car wash in my pickup truck.

Hi,

I have a four year old daughter, soooo been there done that. Try using spray n wash. Spray it on and let it sit for about ten minutes. Then get a wet towel and clean it. Spray n wash also works wonders on clothes especially if you get the stain sprayed right after it happens. GOOD LUCK