Strange Bump On Dachshund's Belly?

I have a 4 year old dachshund. For about 2 weeks (or more) she has had this funny looking bump/growth on her belly above her navel. Do you know what it could be and if there is anything I can do for it? It is not draining and is not sore. It started out as a red rashy kind of skin, like she had scratched there. She had a herniated navel at birth just below the bump. Please help!

Lori from Spring Hope, NC

Best Answer

Could be just a benign mass. Get your vet to aspirate the mass and look at it under the microscope. It might just be a histiocytoma or a mole-like growth. But noone can tell by looking at a picture. Get her examined.

Always best run by vet my dog has them too everywhere so took vet they took sample and said its skin tag comes age just watch colour doesn't change

By Kathy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My little fat beagle has something that looks just like this. It did not get any larger. They told us it was just a fatty tumor.

They had tested it to see what was inside of it. They said as she gets older she may get more, but they are harmless.

Anonymous

My pug had a little bump on her skin and I was told by vet that it was a fatty tumor not to worry about it. But it kept growing and I kept hearing the same thing until it popped from inside and my pug died. I will not let this happen again I will have removed once it starts growing.

Best Answer

My dog a little Chihuahua had a place on her back leg look like that looks,took her to Va Tech Vet School and it was CANCER HIGHLY AGGRESSIVE please take your dog to a good Vet. We had Daisy's removed been about a year and as of yet nothing has returned but if I had waited it would have spread fast. Only the VET can test it and know for sure what it is.

Lois

My female Chihuahua has had bump on stomach for years friends said was hernia i would have to get looked at its gotten bigger amd she looks like swelling in belly on sides heavyer. Its in center of stomach

By Linda Smith (Guest Post)
Best Answer

One of our dogs had a similar spot. It burst. There was puss inside. After it burst, we cleaned it and let it drain and put an antiseptic the vet had given us for another treatment and it cleared up. I would advise you to take your dog to the vet. This could be caused from a cat bite known as cat scratch fever and can be fatal if untreated. Maybe an insect bit your dog and it is infected. Either way, the vet is your best and safest if you really care about your pet. Your dog could have a fever which is another indication of an infection. It is red which leads me to believe it is "active" and not a dead growth.

Always a good idea to take your pet to a vet when you see something you're uncertain about.

One way I check my pets for a fever though is by feeling inside their ears and feeling the insides of their mouths. Are they warmer than usual? Also check their gums to see if they're pale or not. One test is to press on their gums and if the place you pressed on comes back to a normal color..it's a good sign. If not..they may be dehydrated.

However..if you have signs of a fever and pale gums..please get your pet to your vet ASAP!!

By (Guest Post)

Hi, I have a pit bull with the same trouble. Here is what the vet said to me. First put some benadryl cream on the spot and see if it heals. (it could be an allergy spot) The other thing she told me was to put Preparation H cream on it. That will shrink it and get rid of it. I hope that helps

Lisa

bambi69147 AT hotmail.com

By Hector R. Lopez (Guest Post)

We had a beautiful black cocker spaniel, as she got older the vet advised us to surgically repmove her tumors like growth as the one in your picture. They never stop growing. After several very expensive treatments she was diagnosed with skin cancer. It broke our hearts but we had to let her go. If the vets would have examined those tumors a little bit closer "Fuzzy" would still be with us today. Make sure your vet treat this as it was the worse condition. You may be able to help your best friend live longer. I ounf theis web page that may have good iformation in the subject: (www.thepetcenter.com/.../lumps.html) Good Luck!

By Robin (Guest Post)

Don't mess around. Take the dog to a vet and get it checked out. It looks similar to a skin tumor that my daughter's pit bull had removed a few months ago.

The tumor was benign, but it would not have gotten better and gone away on it's own. It had to be removed.

By Dog Mama (Guest Post)

My little bichon developed a problem with bumps that looked exactly like this. I would definitely have your vet look at it to make sure, but in my dog's case they were benign cysts and nothing to worry about. They would start as a rough patch of skin, and then the bump would appear.

By Lori (Guest Post)

The bump on my Dachsund went away & has never returned nor has anymore popped up. THANK YOU very much for ALL the information & advice. God Bless, Lori & Bailey (Dachsund)
From Spring Hope, NC

Hi There,

I noticed a similar spot on my Dachsund, on the top of her nose below her eye and was also worried about this. I came across your post when researching online. Did you apply any ointment for the bump or did this heal on its own? How long did the lump last for? Is there anything you would recommend other than a vet check-up?
Thank you,
April :)

The only thing I can suggest other than a vet check is Coconut Oil. However it's not a cure all so I'd suggest taking your furbaby to a vet to know for sure what it is.

Pets Dogs HealthMay 27, 2008
😎
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf63751658.tip.html