Acne Remedies

I have been having troubles with acne and I need some home remedies on how to get rid of it fast! Please help.

By poohbear

I think I heard using dabs of toothpaste (paste-not gel) helps dry out pimples fast. I have also heard using your own saliva and um, urine, helps with this also though I never tried any of these methods I have mentioned so I can't attest to the effectiveness.

Tooth paste does work for some acne.and red spots. Something that I have found that works on really bad acne is Aspirin Salve. You put a few aspirins in a dish with just enough water to melt. Then you add enough vasoline to mix it together. Mash and stir with a spoon. Any excess water pulls out and you can pour it off. Store it in a little air tight jar with a lid. This is also good for cuts and bruises. My father used to keep a jar in his fishing tackle box for cat fish finnings and fish hook sticks. Or course, do not use at all if you have an aspirin allergy.

I actually don't think there are any home remedies that do anything substantial for acne. There are many good products in your drug store. Please consult your local pharmacist, And if these do not work, then you need to see your family doctor or a dermatologist. There are many very effective treatments available today; but I am sure that none of them are things that you can make at home. Sorry.

Dab on some tea tree oil . Get it a a pharmac or store like Trader Joes or health fod stores-very inexpensive. Just use a dab 2 X a day and the blemished should be gone in a few days.

As you know, acne is difficult to treat and especially quickly.
Some home remedies that can help:
--Egg Yolks contain Vitamin A. To attempt this method of acne treatment, whip up an egg yolk, apply it to your skin for 20 minutes. Wash off.
--Egg Whites, All you need to do is separate the yolk from the egg whites. Then whip the egg whites until it is nice and frothy. Apply it to your clean face (using clean hands). Leave on for approximately 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
--Oatmeal Mask, Blend some oatmeal with water and gently spread it onto your skin. Leave it until it dries (10-15 minutes). This mask is gentle and safe.
--Baking Soda, not Baking Powder. Mix a little together in your hands after washing your face with a mild cleanser and apply gently to your skin. Once you've coated your face with the baking soda and water mix, let it sit for about 20 minutes.

Rinse the baking soda film off your face. If your skin enjoys this recipe, and your acne improves, then you may try it several times a week to help clear your acne.