Cigarette Smell In Work Van

My brother-in-law just got a work van that smells of cigarette smoke really bad. How can he get rid of the smell? There is no carpeting in it.

Donna J.

Best Answer

Hang a small bag made of cheesecloth, a coffee filter or other fabric full of ground coffee (unused). It absorbs odors and replaces the smell with a nice one.

Best Answer

Wipe all the surfaces with a strong foaming cleaner, preferably one that is ammonia based, to remove smoke residue from surfaces.

Spray any upholstery/carpet/fabric headliner with febreeze.

Replace the "bad" smell with a "good" smell.

Try an "air sponge" (sold where air fresheners are, comes in a small plastic tub).

Give it time.

Best Answer

I use OdoBan which I get at Sam's Club. It works on all odors and doesn't mask them. I use it for fire damaged homes and it works great. It will get any smell out and it doesn't return. It's great for litter box, too. It has a eucalyptus and wildflower smell.

I have seen this before I am goin to give it a try thanks for your help. I wanted to buy it and try but have never heard anyone say if it works. Again thanks.

By Crystale (Guest Post)

my cousin has this thing of keeping deer from eating his garden by hanging a bar of Irish Spring soat from a tree...that stuff doesn't smell too bad and it has a lingering scent....it might work.

By Annie (Guest Post)

Place 2 apples (sliced in half) under the seats and let them sit a week. Repeat until the smell is gone.

Works like a charm

By Barbie (Guest Post)

Try cleaning it with vinegar....once it dries the vinegar smell will disappear and you can then spray with air freshener or hang a few air freshener tree in to give it a GOOD smell.........

Anonymous

Does cigarette ash actually keep moths and silver fish from destroying car carpet?

Place a blooming plant uch as a hyacinth (SOME THING THAT HAS LOT OF SMELL) In the vehicle and let it do the work after you wash the window etc. It will smell clean after a day or so. The flower will leave a fresh smell by using the carbon dioxide up in the car and put out fresh oxygen.