SewingCrafts

Mother's Wedding Present

Category Sewing

When my mother and father were married, a dear family friend embroidered them a very nice table cloth. On each corner it lists their names, marriage date, place of marriage and the pastor that married them. There is a decoration in the center, but I can't recall if it is wedding bands, doves or what.

My parents divorced when I was young and my mother held on to this table cloth for many years. My father passed away almost two years ago. A few years ago she passed this on to me, but I am uncertain as to what I can do with it.

I have seen the heirloom baby dolls made from pillow cases, but not sure if you could do the same with this. I would be terrified to attempt to cut this up and then ruin it if I can't make it work. Any ideas?

Tawnda

I would most definitely not cut it! As the daughter of a master quilter I think she'd drop dead of shock. I would carefully fold over one side and pin it. Then go to Lowes and buy a dowel rod and thread it through the pouch you've made. Tie a length of ribbon to either end and hang it on the wall as an art work. Which I'm sure if you talk about it so lovingly - it is.