PowderMake Up Tips

Making Your Own Powder Puff

What are some alternatives to a powder puff, that I can find locally (without ordering from the net) or better yet some way to make one?

I recently made a body powder with white clay and cornstarch and I love it. So far I've managed without a powder puff, but it would be so much easier to apply with one.

Thanks for any ideas!

By K. Osei from So CA

I found one at K-Mart a few years back.Maybe a craft store(?).

You could try a fuzzy material like flannel or the wrong size of fleece (think of how a new sweatshirt is fuzzy inside). Even a good quality terrycloth might work. Your puff doesn't have to be round. It's probably easier to fold a piece of material into a square, and pin or sew it to keep the shape. You can insert a cut sponge to give it some substance, or experiment and see what works for you.

How about using a makeup brush to apply it, or cotton balls, perhaps.

Have you thought about putting it in a shaker of some sort, old spice jar, baby powder jar, just about anything with holes on the top (or make your own) then you can shake out just what you need.

Maybe use a cotton ball or just search it online or go to the mall to find one. It is always fun to go to the mall.

I recycle old winter mittens or one's that have lost their mate! And then throw them in the laundry when needed.