Egg Cartons For Storage

contest winner icon

We all have them! Styrofoam, cardboard, etc., they are fabu for storage!

1. Crafts: beads, findings, snips n snails!
  2. Art: Fill each cup half full with poster paint, let it dry, and bam! Water color paint for the kiddies to use! Finger paint caddy, Stubby crayon hub, paste pot. So many ideas!
  3. Ad

4. Jewelry: Perfect for keeping pairs of earrings in the same area; from studs to chandelier style! (wow, spell check says I spelled that right!)
  5. Transporting: For sanity sake - fishing tackle on site, it's amazing how tangled that stuff gets in the 10 feet from one fisher to the other!
  6. Coin Caddy: Perfect for the coins and such doing a yardsale or flea market day!

I know there are maybe 5 million more. Please, share some with me too!

By LadyMichelle from Pottstown, PA

They can be used for seedlings. My youngest, when he was 5 gathered seeds from outdoor plants and started them in an egg carton. We wanted to see the progression from the time the seed fell onto the ground till a plant started.

Another thing to consider. Farmers who sell eggs sometimes like to have people give the egg cartons.

PLEASE make sure to wash them out. Even a little broken egg, etc allows the risk of salmonella. If using the styro ones, you can wash them with soap and hot water. If you have the paper fiber ones, just compost or use in the garden with seeds.
I know the thing about using everything and not pitching, but as we run across things we can control, it gives 2nd thought. One of mine was using a paper punch on the styro ones, allowing the kids to make bracelets and necklaces from the circles dots. Again, not without washing them very well first.

Thanks for the clever egg carton tips, especially to wash them with hot water and soap to avoid salmonella. I'll be sure to use this tip for tiny card embellishments.

Peggy

I found another great use for egg cartons and that is using them as seed starters (it's getting time to plant those seeds!).

Organizing MiscellaneousMarch 17, 2012
🎂
🌻
📓