Prescription DrugsHealth & Beauty

Low Price Medications for Those Who Qualify

Recently, we were the victims of my husband being put on salary and consequently losing overtime (meaning a monthly loss of income to the tune of over 1,000 plus dollars.) I had to scramble around to get my medication. Researching online, there is a website, http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com,that provides a years worth of my cholesterol medication for $5 (costs $110 a month in the store, $1,320 worth of medication for $5!).

If you are a lower income family, read their website to see if you qualify, or call them on the phone number provided to check, you can get it. Even if you have insurance (which we do) but don't have co-pays on medicine (which we don't), we qualified! It is really easy. I just took the form to the doctors office and had them sign off on it and faxed it in. The $5 measly fee is for administrative costs. Thank God for this medicine or I would be doing without!

By Lori from Marion, AR

Try www.needymeds.com they don't charge the $5 fee

I checked out the website you suggested and our family wouldn't qualify for the medication (www.needymeds.com). There isn't a chart posted for www.freemedicinefoundation.com but all I know is we make several thousand more than the needymeds site and didn't qualify. So, good to have choices!!

I agree with Connie. needymeds.com has been a salvation for my husband and I. He has been out of work for over 2 years and has a very bad colon problem which has him on a very expensive medicine. They pay for it all and save us thousands upon thousands of dollars!

God Luck!

Karen from Port Clinton OH

make sure to also contact the pharmaceutical companies. those who qualify get free medicines for 1 yr then you just reapply when year is up. my dr told me about this and set me up to get mine for free. my dr even did all the paperwork for me