Homemade Cherry Coke

I really enjoy a cherry coke now and then. It is not always available and I don't want to buy a big 2 liter or a six pack. How can I get the cherry flavor?

Big Sis from Cocoa Beach, FL

Purchase a jar of marischino cherries save the juice and add it to a glass of coke. I never tried it myself, but you might discover that it's delicious.

In the summer ( yea, its a while aways), buy some Cherry sno cone syrup. They sale different flavors of it at walmart, you might want to check they may have it year round I don't know.

Look in the coffee section, they have several different coffee flavorings. I don't know if they will have cherry or not, but you can check.

Maybe you could buy a 12 pack of cans and just store them out of the way until you desire a cherry coke. That way you aren't buying an abundance of soda that you wont drink all of. If you shop online, explore the options!

You can buy Marschino syrup (which is what they used to make cherry cokes at the old soda fountains). You should be able to find it where they sell the ingredients for mixed drinks at the grocer, or possibly with the ice cream toppings.

You can make homemade snow cone syrup with 1 packet unsweetened Kool-Aid boiled briefly with 1 cup of water and 2 cups of sugar. This is a different flavor of cherry, though, so you will have to try both and see which you like better. Won't that be an unpleasant task !!

(BTW--store the homemade syrup in the fridge.)

By Paula Jo C. in Mebane, NC (Guest Post)

Maraschino cherry syrup is all and very little of it to make a wonderful cherry coke. I have tried "it" & as I wrote "IT" takes very little cherry juice to make a cherry coke. Good Luck & use the left over cherries for banana spits, the family & you will love.

If you don't want to buy the jar of cherries, you can just buy a bottle of grenadine, which is just the cherry syrup. We use it for Shirley Temples here- Sprite and grenadine- Mmmm!! It's sold in the same aisle at the grocery store as regular mixers, like bloody mary or margarita mix.

The best Cherry flavor is Almond Flavoring, but be careful not to use too much. : )

By Hannah (Guest Post)

Grenadine works great. Also all varieties of Torani flavoring syrups are great in soda.

You can make vanilla coke, raspberry, use your imagination!

By Shelly (Guest Post)

Grenadine syrup is made from pomegranite juice, not cherries! To make a cherry coke, add some marichino cherry juice to your drink to suit your taste. That's it!

Food and Recipes Recipes BeveragesFebruary 20, 2009
🌻
🎂
📓