FurnitureCleaning

Water Stains on Wood Furniture

What can I use to cover up or fix the water marks left from the condensation from drinking glasses on my oak furniture? It is like the stain is worn off?

By Stacey

I'm so excited! We Just tried that Iron on two major water stains on our cherry wood coffee table, and after about 5 minutes the stain was gone! So yes chuck it is a scary thought! But It worked! Amazing! It really works! Thank you!

How do you remove water marks from a wood dresser?

By Patricia from Hohokus, NJ

Answers:

Water Stains on Wood Furniture

I know it sounds scary, take your cloths iron, pre-heat set on high. Take the iron with steam "off" and hold iron just above the stain as close as you can, but do not touch the wood with the iron. Keep the iron moving around the stain. You should see the stain less and less and hopefully it disappears, or will almost completely disappear.

I have had good luck with this method on old and new water stains. Polish after. The varnish is what is normally messed up, not the wood. You may see a very small amount of the varnish flake off after. It will be okay. The first time I read this tip I thought, ya right. Then I messed up my mother's table, I didn't use her coasters like she yelled at me to. You really couldn't tell the fix after. Saved my skin, as I am still alive. Good luck. (03/04/2010)

By Chuck J

How do you remove water stains from wood furniture?

Answers:

Water Stains on Wood Furniture

To remove water stains from your furniture, use mayonnaise. Scoop a tablespoon out, rub in a circular motion and it will be gone.

Donna (03/16/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Water Stains on Wood Furniture

Try toothpaste. (10/24/2006)