What is This Houseplant?

Can anyone out there identify this house plant? The guy I bought it from did not know what it is. He just said it requires only low light and he has not watered it in 6 months.
Thanks so much.

By Lori

My daughter has a plant that looks just like this one. It is a zamioculcas or aroid palm. According to what I found on the net it likes low light, not direct sunlight, and only needs to be watered when dry. Hope this helps.

I too have this Plant, it has a green waxy leaf, and fans out similar to a palm. Lovely display plant, and takes very little care. I have not seen this plant on the market since my purchase, however, the grower is in Venice, Florida. Has 1-800-854-5393 number available for questions, also you may contact them with any questions at info AT delrayplants.com. Wishing you a successful growing experience.

This plant is sold at Lowes, I can't remember the name of it. It is an expensive plant, and yes, it is very hardy. It can be neglected and thrive. In the mornings there will be droplets of water on the end of the leaves. I guess its way to preserve itself.

This one is referred to by several names... a Zamioculcas, Zanzibar Gem, or ZZ Plant. I recently got one so I'm learning as I go, but love mine thus far.

Anonymous

ZZ plant