General AdviceConsumer Advice

Swiffer, Shark or Swivel?

What do you find that really works on hardwoods and vinyl floors. I have to sweep mine 3 times a day (sticky stuff,etc) because of the little ones.

Robin from Marietta,GA

I think I have posted it here before, but my home is entirely hard surface flooring and I bought a Black and Decker PowerMop and I LOVE it. You can fill the container with whatever you want (it screws in and out) and there is a handle to flip that makes a scrubby brush spin to get the really icky parts and it will use anything for the pads from dishrags to swiffer refills (I knitted a cloth for mine). You can get it from the black and decker website or walmart.com and I think target carries them online as well. I used walmart because if you will pick it up in their store the shipping is free.

I got a swivel for my birthday and I really liked it but it died just a few months after getting it. I got a replacement and that one died too. They are nice but they dont last.

If you have dogs stay clear of the Swivel; the dog hair gets caught in the wheels and you spend more time cleaning the bristles rather than cleaning the floors. We had the Shark before and it lasted nearly a year before dying. It worked great on the carpets as well as the laminate, but doesn't get right up next to the walls.

We currently use the Swiffer Vac and I love it. The only draw back is it doesn't work on the rugs. It goes right up to the wall and sucks nearly everything right up. The filters are replaceable, it's rechargeable, and it dusts while you vacumn. I have even cleaned the cat litter from the floor. Worked great. Hope that helps.