Veggie Peels and Coffee Grounds for Vibrant Flowers

I save all used coffee grounds and fruit & veggie waste (peels, etc.) and lightly dig them in in my flower beds and around shrubs and trees. My plants have huge blooms year-round (I live in Florida) and vibrant coloring. Visitors and neighbors are always asking what kind of fertilizer I use and are amazed when I say "none". Try it, you will be delighted!

By Carole

By william e krimm sr. (Guest Post)

I driink a ton of coffee can you use the grounds for a growing stuff with.? thanks.

YES, William, coffee grounds and tea are wonderful fertilizers. Why waste money on buying fertilizer when you can use something you normally throw away? In fact, some people ask for the used grounds at local restaurants or coffee shops and take them home to put around their plants. Worms mix your coffee grounds and kitchen scraps into the soil and it becomes rich compost. Good luck. I don't like to waste anything I can use. If you fish or eat fish, be sure to dig a little hole and put your fish heads, etc into the hole and cover it up. Good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 24, 2005
📓
🎂
🌻