Removing a Smoke Stain on a Enamel Stovetop

I have a new stove. There is a smoke stain on the enamel stove top. I have tried Easy Off, Simple Green, and some off brand cleaners, nothing helped. The smoke stain happened while the self cleaning oven cycle was running.

By e from St. Louis

Answers

Best Answer

Call your local Sherman-Williams Paint store and ask for a product called Whiting. [1# tub; about $4-$5] Slightly dampen a soft cloth with sudsy water [wring out 99% of the water], wipe the stain lightly, sprinkle the Whiting onto it [as though you were sprinkling Parmesan Cheese on Spaghetti], 'Polish' the stain away. it will not scratch the enamel. Just make sure your cloth is not abrasive!

Best Answer

Toothpaste does the trick. Put toothpaste on stain leave for a few minutes and wipe off. Repeat if necessary.

Answer this Question

I have a brownish stain coming from the exhaust hole of my oven. I believe it is smoke. It is on white enamel. It is on the top of my stove and very noticeable.

Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 14, 2016
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf67244415.tip.html