Trumpet Vine Not Flowering

I have had a trumpet vine for about 3 years, but no flowers. Why?

Millie from Roanoke, VA

Answers

By dawne (Guest Post)

Ellen, thanks so much for that information! I have always wanted a trumpet vine but I wasn't sure if I had a good spot to grow one. Now I see that I have the perfect place!

By rookie (Guest Post)

I have had my trumpet vines for 2 years they are planted around a telephone pole in my yard the one facing the sun is growing nicely but has no blooms the one behind the pole doesn't get very big but it is still trying. At the end of season do I cut theese back before a frost or should I wait until the spring to cut it back. I would like it to eventually bloom and cover the pole I live in the PA area. Any suggestions would be helpful

My 10 year old trumpet vine has only bloomed once. I live in Tennessee and wonder if they like sun or shade. Do cut back

Anonymous

I have a trumpet vine that bloomed beautifully. Then my Arbor fell over, we cut the vine way back. Now the vine is large and green, but no flowers.
Please help me with my trumpet vine flowering
Thanks

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

I planted a trumpet vine approximately five years ago at the base of an oak tree. It has grown up the tree at least forty feet, but never blooms. It is in a sunny location. It is amazing that it flourishes, but does not bloom. Why?

By Linda M

Answers

Tree's are very nice for supporting vines, but you must consider nutrient competition between the 2 plants. Add some rich compost in trumpet vine, distribute around base of plant 3 to 4'' away from base. If good compost not available use high phosphorous fertilizer. I have several trumpet vines all have bloomed 2 to 3 year depending on size of start.

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceFebruary 25, 2012
🎃
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf677090.tip.html