Tennessee Frugal Travel Information and Photos

Category Tennessee
Learn about saving money at Dollywood and exploring the natural beauty and history of this state. This page contains Tennessee frugal travel information and photos.

Travel Destination: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Country: United States

Expensive But Worth It:

Dollywood! Not an inexpensive place, but for all that there is to see and to do, it is well worth the money!

Seasonal Information:

They have a special Christmas celebration at Dollywood, too. I recommend that you check that out, too!

Inexpensive Lodging:

Motel 6! Inexpensive, clean and comfortable, just like they advertise!

Robin from Washington, IA

I am looking for information on towns/cities in southern Tennessee or northern GA. I am thinking of moving into one of those two areas when I retire. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Answers

By Darlene (Guest Post)

There's a website filled with information on virtually any state. the web site is City-Data.com. I have used it and think it's a good tool to find what you're looking for. Hope this helps.

well i live in bluff city,tn. a really small town just out side of bristol tn. the people are very nice and friendly,good neighbors. i live in the country at the foot of mt. holston mountain. i was born and raised right where i live in the same spot all my life would never ever think of leaving. it is beautiful, low to no crime where i live. i am just 20 minutes from all the tri-cities, johnson city,kingsport and bristol. great schools. you know bristol is the birthplace of country music. if you havent guessed i suggest you move here . you will love it.

sandy

All I can suggest is to check out the tax base. I've heard of people moving to an area where the housing was reasonable, but when tax time came, they wished they'd never moved there. Of course, by then, it's too late.

By Beverly (Guest Post)

Cleveland, TN is great place to live. We have both mountains and rivers within an easy drive. Beautiful green grass, trees, and pastures.

We are between Knoxville and Chattanooga, also near the Smoky Mountains.

By Rasta. (Guest Post)

We moved from Maryland to Hixson, TN in 2004 and have never regretted the move. Hixson is on the north end of Chattanooga, in Hamilton county and the taxes are a bit less in the county. The people are wonderful. It took us no time to blend into the community. My husband and I are retired in our early 60's. He is active in the Red Cross and really enjoys the organization.

Our daughter lives here and we often came to visit her and enjoyed the visit so we just moved here. There is a multitude of things to do and places to go in the area. You are 120 miles north of Atlanta and about the same to Nashville to the northeast. Check it out. Best wishes to you with your decission. As one other said Cleveland is a nice area as well.

By Rasta (Guest Post)

Sorry I goofed, Nashville is to the northwest of Chattanooga.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Photo Description
For our 59th wedding anniversary, we went to Townsend, Tennessee and stayed at Townsend Gateway Inn. This motel is vintage style with 2 rocking chairs sitting in front of each room. You pull up and park right there at your room. The room was very clean and quiet. Beside the TV was a little basket of snacks for us to enjoy. We heard a knock on the door and the office person was standing there with a little bottle of champagne for us since it was our anniversary.

Townsend is a quiet little country town with a population of approximately 445 people. It has only one stop light. From the main drag, you can see all of the restaurants and motels, plus a grocery store and just a few other places to shop.

We toured Cades Cove, just a few miles down the road. It's a great place to view nature in all it's glory. It's beautiful. We didn't see any bears, only a few turkeys, and a deer. My hubby said, "Look, there's a crow. Get a picture of that crow!" The park was very busy and I guess the animals were hiding.

On the one way drive around the cove, you will see some old farm houses and their out buildings. You can tour all of them and there is also a mill that sells corn meal, flour, and molasses.

I want to go back in the spring, when the grass is short and the trees are beginning to leaf out. I guess that will be sweatshirt weather. I'm sure I will need another quart of sorghum molasses by then to make ginger cookies. I purchased it at the mill for $14.00. That's all it cost us to tour Cades Cove.

Photo Location
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I travel to the beautiful Smokies at least twice a year. This was taken early one morning on Hwy. 441 between Cherokee, NC and Pigeon Forge, TN. Pictures do not do this justice.

Fog Rolling Through the Smokey Mountains

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Captured this photo of a old barn in Morristown, TN while riding in the car.

old barn in field

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

It is so beautiful after a shower here in Tennessee. I wanted to share it with you.

After a spring rain in Hampton, TN, with mist over the trees.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

When it begins to thunderstorm, the mountains begin to look as if they are on fire. They reach up to the clouds. The whole earth looks like it is in a cloud!

Hampton Thunderstorm2

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides US States TennesseeApril 3, 2013
📓
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf68009463.tip.html