Acne TreatmentSkin Care

Use Purell on Acne Breakouts

I am so excited to share this tip! I had an unwelcome middle aged pimple and wanted to cover it up before I went out. Usually when this happens I use an acne treatment, but it usually dries a little weird and plus I have sensitive skin. As I was pondering this at my vanity, my eyes fell upon the little travel size generic Purell on my table. Eureka!

A clear antibacterial gel! Well, I dabbed it on that zit, it dried clear almost immediately and I was able to put concealer on it. And not only that it healed the pimple!! I have since been using this on blackheads that I find when I am brave enough to use the magnifying side of my mirror! It works great and soooo cheap!

By Carol from Landisville, PA

I have done this too -- it really does work! More than once, I've "discovered" a pimple when I'm at work and don't have acess to anything else, being that the hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol, I thought, "What the heck?!?" So I tried it with great results, I've started doing this at home as well, because it worked so well -- best "spot treatment" for acne that I've ever tried!

I must try that! Thanks! I mostly use tea- tree oil which is good but more expensive and VERY strongly scented. :-)

Anonymous

So I have the purell advance hand sanitizer I just put it on and my face feels really smooth and clean.....I'm so happy....and I figured that since it worked for my friend at school...than I would try it!!!

I think that soon I will look amazing agean!
But yea try it ....don't think just do it!!!!

I tried it on my cystic acne (a kind with aloe and vitamin E) and it helped so much that I started applying it to my whole lower face twice a day. It's been a week and my bumps are going away and no new ones have come up. That's a huge improvement for me, especially considering how cheap hand sanitizer is! Try it.