Grilled Chicken and Vegetables Packets

I like this recipe because I live alone and can make up several packets at a time to freeze when there's a bulk sale of chicken to take advantage of at a low price and, other than tossing a salad, each packet is a full meal for me :-)

• 4 skinless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 2 bell peppers cut into strips
  • 1 lb. red potatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of choice
  • 1 Tbsp. orange juice

Directions:

Place each chicken breast in to the center of a foil packet. Divide bell peppers and potatoes evenly over chicken breasts. In small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and orange juice. Pour evenly over chicken and vegetables. Double fold packets closed. Place packets, seam side up, on the rack of a grill or oven. Grill or bake packets until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer inserted in to the thickest portion of chicken reads 160°F and juices run clear.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Sounds good but what oven temp should be used & for how long? Would this work in a toaster oven?

Sorry I didn't mention temps and time but I go by the inner temp of the chicken as mentioned in this particular single serving recipe because everyones grill/BBQ and oven are different.

Standard baking temp for chicken is 350°. Standard time is about a half hour to 45 minutes. Test the chicken for inner temp of 160° after a half hour when baking in an oven because it could already be done. I can't answer for your grill or BBQ time and temps and I can't answer about using a toaster oven because I've never owned nor used one.

Hope you try the recipe because it's tasty and easy prep with easy no clean up cooking ;-)

Thanks, I am always looking for economical healthy recipes for one- and this sounds great!

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping RecipesAugust 19, 2009
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf68162387.tip.html