FloorsCleaning

Cleaning Sticky Residue on Laminate Flooring

How do I get the sticky feeling off laminated flooring? I have tried water and vinegar and just plain hot water for damp mopping and it doesn't work.

By bertha from Edmonton, AB

Skin So Soft by Avon, it's the best for this sort of thing!

Anonymous

thank you so much. I always have skin so soft on hand.

If there is any way for you to contact the flooring manufacturer, they might have some really good suggestions. When I made my first mess on my brand new carpet, I called the place where I got my carpet, and they told me exactly what to do to clean it in accordance with the most appropriate method.

The product I use is Goo Gone. It is available in Canada, I live in Ontario. I have yet to come across a sticky problem it cannot get rid of.

Also, the bottle I bought over 5 years ago is still in use, a little goes a long way, and it works every time.

I work in floor covering. Never, never, never put water and/or vineagar on a laminate floor! Laminated flooring is only layers of "paper/wood" pressed together with a laminated top covering. There are special cleaners for laminate flooring. Your local floor covering store should be able to tell you about these products. Anything wet on a laminate floor should be kept to bare minimum. In time, you will ruin your floor with too much water! Good luck!

I'd try WD-40 which is fish oil and a tiny amt of petroleum distillate. use paper towels and warm Dawn dish soapy water. Dry immediately and you should be fine. Good bless and good luck. : )