LeatherCleaning

Smelly Leather Couch

I have an old comfy orange leather couch that needs help. After enduring 15 years of two dogs and two kids, it's a bit stained and smelly. I've tried Febreeze and leather cleaner but the stains are still there (and so is the smell). I don't want to get rid of it because (A) it's in great condition - (no rips) and (B) it has sentimental value (it was the first major purchase for my husband and I.) I regret that we never took the time to clean and condition the leather but we didn't know how important that was - until now!

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ricki

Try wiping the couch every day with baby wipes (conditions the leather too) for about a week or so. You should begin seeing and smelling a difference.
Some of the smells may be UNDER the leather in the stuffing. Flip the couch and spray Febreeze from underneath periodically, or even set it outside in the fresh air and sun (upside down) for a few days. Finally with stubborn stains, try moistening the stains then putting baking soda on the spot and let set overnight, or try k2r or k12 dry cleaning spot remover, but rub with a soft cloth, not the scratchy bristles.