AppliancesCleaning

Cleaning a Tanning Bed

I have just got a tanning bed. I'm not sure what to clean it with. I don't want to buy the expensive cleaning stuff from the company ir possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Debbie

Get a spray bottle and mix 1 part water with 1 part white vinegar. It's safe on your skin and will clean your tanning bed very well.

I would suggest the white vinegar as well or use rubbing alcohol. Most of the "sanitizing" products tanning places use is mostly alcohol.

Experts recommend not using isopropyl alcohol or other non approved cleaners to avoid breaking down the acrylic which causes the beds to not work as effectively. Here is a link that talks about this problem:

http://www.istm  ng-disinfectant/

I work at a salon, and according to our distributors they said use Odo Ban, it is concentrated and needs to be diluted to clean and disinfect the surface this is accepted by the New Hampshire State Board of Barbering, Cosmetology.

A gallon lasted in our salon about 5 months with continual use, so it will probably last an at home tanner quite a bit longer.

Best of Luck
Kim

By Ashley (Guest Post)

Absolutely do not use alcohol, it will crack the acrylic!

Anonymous

I also was told NOT to use ALCOHOL. Thank you

By Jenny (Guest Post)

I was thrilled to find this page, it has been very helpful. I needed to clean our bed (at home_) and was out of the expesive cleaning product. So thanks for all the good ideas